Coconut Curry Recipe
- 2 lbs meat, cut into cubes – I’ve tried this with both chicken and lamb (not together). Both were delicious.
- 2 tblsp coconut oil
- 2 tblsp curry powder
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
- 1 14oz can coconut milk
- 1 14oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 8oz can of tomato sauce
- 3 tblsp sugar equivalent (optional). I’ve made it without and it’s delicious, but if you would like to add some sweet, try 1/2-1 tsp powdered stevia or 3 tblsp honey.
- Salt and pepper
- Melt coconut oil in the bottom of a large pot. (Use a larger pot than you’d link because the sauce will splash. When I doubled the recipe, I used my stock pot.) Once melted, add the onion and garlic and cook over medium heat for a few minutes until onion is translucent.
- Add curry power and mix well making sure the mix isn’t too try. If it is, add a bit more oil. Cook for about a minute, mixing to distribute curry powder evenly.
- Add meat of choice and cook covered until meat is thoroughly cooked, stirring every so often to make sure nothing is getting stuck to the bottom of the pot.
- Add coconut milk, tomatoes, tomato sauce, stevia/honey, salt and pepper
- Cook over medium heat (with lid askew to vent) for approximately 40 minutes, checking occasionally to make sure nothing is stuck to the bottom.
- After 40 minutes, uncover and cook for a few more minutes to cook off some of the extra liquid and thicken the sauce. (The time will vary based on your stove and desired thickness of the sauce.) Once sauce has thickened, serve over mixed vegetables or lacto-fermented rice.
- Serve and enjoy!